Important Advice

Here we offer you a list of points and advice that in our experience will be useful to anyone going to another country to do a language course. However if you do not find the information you are looking for here, please do not hesitate to send us a message with your query, in the CONTACT US section of this web page. We will answer you promptly.

Advice and Questions


1. What information should I have about my destination?

Before embarking on your trip, you will have been given all the details and information necessary, such as the location of the accommodation and how to get there, an acceptance letter declaring that you have a place on the course as well as an Insurance policy letter if you have contracted insurance.

2. What documents do I need?

You should have an up to date Passport vaild for travel to the country in question and a suitable Visa document in the case that it is a requirement for your circumstances. For this reason we recommend that you complete your booking at least 3 months before the date of departure, to allow ample time to secure any new documents you require. In the case of minors (under 16 years of age, it is necessary to have a letter of authorisation from your local authority).

3. Do I need medical insurance?

For those belonging to member countries of the EU, who wish to do a course in another EU country, they should obtain the European Health card, by contacting their national Social Security offices. For those not covered by this provision, it is recommended that they contract medical insurance to cover their stay abroad

4. If I am going to stay in a family home while doing my course is it appropriate to contact the family by telephone before arriving?

It is important to contact the family with whom you are going to be staying a week or so before your departure. You should introduce yourself and comment on any food allergies that you have, although the family will have already received this information about you if you have made it clear when you made the reservation. Most importantly you should inform your host of your exact arrival details (they usually pick the student up on arrival in the town)_ airport, train station etc. and request a mobile phone number on which to contact them in the case of unforeseen delays.

5. What should I do in the case of a serious delay with my flight?

You will have emergency numbers to telephone in the case of a serious delay (more than 90 minutes). You should telephone these numbers to warn them that you will be arriving later than planned.

6. What should I do the first day of the course?

You should arrive at the time stipulated on your welcome (acceptance) letter, usually between 8am and 9am. You should carry the letter with you as well as photographic identification. In most cases on arrival you will carry out a level test and shortly afterwards will be placed in your class.